The finances for Extinction Rebellion Netherlands are managed by Stichting Vrienden van XR.
- Account holder
- Stichting Vrienden van XR
- NL86 SNSB 0783 1486 74
- RSIN No.:
- Chamber of Commerce registration number:
- Postal address:
- Postbus 19, NL-6663 ZG Lent, the Netherlands
- E-mail address:
Stichting Vrienden van XR (hereafter: “the Foundation”) has the following objective:
- Financially and/or materially supporting initiatives that are aimed at increasing awareness of climate change and/or towards promotion of associated measures
- Carrying out any other act that may, in the broadest sense possible, be related or conducive to the above objective
- Accomplishing the objective as stated under 1. and 2. by:
- Acquisition of donations and funding
- Offering and/or making available goods and/or materials
- The organisation of activities or meetings
- Cooperating with various organisations and institutions and carrying out or commissioning any other act that may, in the broadest sense possible, be related to or, in the opinion of the Board, be conducive, useful or desirable to the above
The Foundation is governed by a Board consisting of three members:
- Mr Anne Maljaars
- Main position: Customer Service Logistiek
- Ms Linda Moerland
- Main position: Business controller FMCG
- Mr Harry Willemse
- Main position: Product Manager Software for Service Providers, Side position: voorzitter sportvereniging.
The Board members are not compensated for their work. Any expenses incurred in relation to their work for the Foundation will be reimbursed.
The work towards accomplishing the Foundation’s objectives is carried out by volunteers. The Foundation does not employ any staff.
Activities carried out
Among other things, the Foundation carries out the following activities:
- Having volunteers organize lectures about the current state of climate change and associated ecological issues
- Having volunteers organize training sessions about effective ways of campaigning and protesting in order to raise awareness of climate change and associated ecological issues
- Financially supporting protests and other actions by volunteers that, in non-violent ways, raise awareness of climate change and associated ecological issues
- Such support is realized by reimbursing expenses incurred by volunteers for materials, publicity, and such-like.
- Such support is also realized by advancing expenses for materials, publicity, and such-like for volunteers.
- For larger protests and other actions that require longer preparation, support is realized by compensating volunteers organizing those activities through providing a volunteer’s allowance of no more than EUR 170 per month and EUR 1,700 per year, in accordance with Dutch regulations regarding compensation of volunteers.
- Making IT infrastructure available to volunteers that, in non-violent ways, are raising awareness of climate change and associated ecological issues
- Making it financially possible to rent spaces for volunteers who, in non-violent ways, are raising awareness of climate change and associated ecological issues
- Acquiring donations and funding for carrying out the above activities as detailed under “Fundraising and management” in the Policy Plan
As of 28 February 2020, the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration has designated Stichting Vrienden van XR a Public Benefit Organisation (“ANBI”).
Policy Plan and budget 2021–2022
Below, you can find the Foundation’s Policy Plan. The current Policy Plan was established by the Board on 30 January 2021. The Policy Plan will be revised annually as necessary.