Chairman of the Board of Stichting Vrienden van XR
Finance, XR NL
Published on 19/04/2021
Tasks and responsibilities of the chairman
• represents the foundation externally and consults with official bodies;
• coordinates the board, is the first contact for board members. Sees to it that board members fulfil their tasks properly and calls them to account if this does not appear to be the case.
• Draws up the agenda for each meeting in consultation with the secretary and chairs the board meetings;
• sees to it that decisions are taken in accordance with the law, the articles of association and the standing orders;
• monitors the implementation of agreements and decisions made;
• Independently decides on entering into commitments/expenditures up to a maximum of EUR 3,000;
Stichting Vrienden van XR supports the activities of Extinction Rebellion Netherlands with money or other means. For this the foundation raises donations and funds. In 2020 the income was about 230.000 Euro.
The board of the foundation consists of a maximum of 5 persons and is responsible for the management of the assets of the foundation. The board decides on expenses larger than €10.000 and acts within the framework of the policy plan and the annual budget. The Financial Circle of Extinction Rebellion Nederland works closely together with the board of the foundation for the preparation of expenses.
• Active involvement in Extinction Rebellion
• Management experience and relevant network
• Good social and communicative qualities
• Affinity with money management
• Able to represent the foundation
• A legal background or knowledge/experience with fundraising is an advantage.
1–5 hours / week
Contact the role aide to apply or to learn more about the role.