1 to 1 De-escalation (NVC Breathe) + Drama Triangle
Register for a Zoom link here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrdeuhrD4uEtMER_xG2xUKKDNzkNh0jEfZ
2 hours (a 15-minute break will be included)
Online, interactive workshops looking at nonviolence in the context of activism.
Nonviolence is one of the core principles which is non-negotiable for everyone who wants to take action under the name of XR. De-escalation is a key skill for anyone involved in any action. It helps maintain nonviolent interactions and atmosphere.
XR’s nonviolence has both a strategic and ethical dimension: Strategically, nonviolence is an effective tool in mass mobilisations, as evidenced by social science research. Upholding nonviolent tension means actively creating a respectful culture and basis for trust whilst also exposing and confronting injustice. Ethically, XR takes the view that by undertaking the conscious, often challenging work of removing violence from the way we act and interact, we can connect more deeply and positively with each other and the world around us. Through this deliberate practice, we can model, or ‘prefigure’, the future we hope to create.
This training will provide:
• a deeper understanding of nonviolence
• a brief introduction to Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
• one-on-one de-escalation with a range of different scenarios
• practical role-playing exercises
• an exploration of our relationship with the roles of the Drama triangle (Victim/Persecutor/Rescuer) and how they generally keep conflict in the stuck realm as opposed to moving towards a more conscious place of potential transformation. Understanding the energies in each of us will help us respond more creatively when we inevitably fall into the roles of the drama triangle in moments of challenge.
To let us know about your accessibility needs or organise a workshop for your regional group, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training resource (handouts and videos): tinyurl.com/embeddingnonviolence
Current training listing: https://www.facebook.com/EmbeddingNonViolence/events/