Save the date: January 20th until 22nd of 2023 the entire movement is getting together for the Community Weekend in Amsterdam!
We will build connections, learn new skills and further build our community in this co-creative communal gathering.
🌐🌸 Connected: We are connected as fellow humans in our care for the world and each other.
💞🏳️🌈 Inclusive: We actively choose to embrace and encourage inclusivity and diversity.
🏠✨ Open: We are open and respectful to each other, promoting a safe space.
🐬🧩 Playful: We cultivate an environment for creative expression, igniting our playful nature.
You voted, we listened. We’re going to Amsterdam, teaming up with our rebels at De Sering and Nieuwland. There will be multiple spaces available for a variety of activities throughout the weekend.
“Gezelligheid” is a Dutch word that cannot be entirely translated to English. It indicates connection, coziness, fun, comfort and that warm feeling of existing together.
Gezelligheid is the most important goal of the weekend! Therefore, there is a working group hard at work to make everything as fun and gezellig as possible.
For example, there will be a welcoming ritual when you come in and you will get the chance to share all your clubs and ask fellow rebels to join them.
We also ask you to write down beforehand what your favourite non-action-related memory of XR is. Then we will hang up all the written memoreis as decoration during the weekend and you can read everyone else’s memories, too!
🛠️ 🤔 Reflect: intersectional panel discussions, workshops, talks
🎯🔥 Rebel: action-related trainings and efforts to elevate national campaigns
🌤️🍝 Regenerate: the work that reconnects, safe spaces, chill-out zones
🎻👾 Rejoice: artistic expression including music, comedy, dance and more
This weekend is a co-creation: by our movement, for our movement. To make it a success, we need everyone to contribute their unique energy and talents.
For example with:
- Food Coordination: Feed the movement! Volunteer to help cook at De Sering or coordinate that it is served at our locations in a delicious manner.
- Location Decoration: Create an experience for your fellow rebels. Decorate our locations to create a wonderful look & feel for the weekend.
- Location Host: Support logistics at the location, act as a warm welcome as people arrive and maybe even hold the keys to the doors.
- Media & Comms: Help the organising team (mainly before the weekend) to keep attendees updated and engaged.
- Sleepover Team: We all need our beauty sleep. Help ensure that everyone has a cosy bed, couch or floor to rest their heads on Friday and Saturday evening.
- Stand-by Crew: Your mission is simple: show up at the right place and the right time to help out with whatever is needed.
- Volunteer Coordination: Help with making sure all the willing rebels who signed up are supported to contribute in the way they want.
- Welcome Ritual: Design and implement a memorable ritual to welcome people as they arrive at the weekend.