- Support organizing talks, debates, and other outreach activities focused on promoting citizens assemblies
- Establish and develop contacts with venues, experts, and organizations
- Contribute to developing new ideas for citizens' assembly outreach and making them happen
- Support boosting XR's petition for an ambitious citizens' assembly
Citizens' assemblies are currently a hot topic in the Netherlands! As a growing coalition of politicians, experts, and campaigners are declaring their support for XRNL's third demand, ow it is crucial to keep the pressure on, both to ensure that the citizens' assembly becomes a reality and that it has a broad mandate and real power.
A broad outreach, media, and coalition building campaign is already underway to pressure politicians to adopt a strong and meaningful citizens' assembly to address the climate and ecological crises. We have already had several very successful events, including two debates with national politicians. But as the coalition talks begin, we need to scale our outreach up. For this we need YOU!
- Passion for citizens' assemblies and participatory democracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
1–5 hours / week
Contact the role aide to apply or to learn more about the role.